Archive for July, 2012
Google+ is about having great conversations, finding fascinating posts, and displaying appreciation by adding a comment or a +1. A person can even share new things such as videos, photos, or links.
Google+ can be a great way for businesses to gain more clients a business can put videos of what their company does considering most people are visual learners.
Google+ can also be local. Here are a few things that Google+ can do:
- Get recommendations based on your circles, your past reviews, and your location.
- Publish reviews and photos of your favorite places.
- Read Zagat summaries of user reviews.
- Find reviews from people you know and trust highlighted in your search results.
A business having Google+ can help people see how their business runs from others that have worked with them before. A business that has good reviews could benefit from this.
Last week Google+ started a new social network called “Events.” Google+ Events is a great way to help invite people to their events online. This is a great addition to the Google+ platform.
When the Event is made inside Google+, a business will have to fill out some basic information that Google will need to know. Google wants to know how many products are in one place like Google Maps, Google Calendar, Google Place or local, and YouTube. These features will help keep Google+ on track with what the business is doing and whom they are reaching.
As part of the Event being visual, a business can add their own top image—this is called the Event Theme. These Event themes are good enough to draw people in, but the Advanced Options for the Events gives the business the option to add their own Video on YouTube with the URL link.
After the video is added on YouTube, it becomes an implanted part of the Event. When viewers go to “open the Event Invitation” the video embed opens. To know that a business has the right tab open, there will be a net “unfolding graphic” effect added by Google+ with the blue tab. The video is there to help excite viewers about the upcoming event.
Using Google+ Events will help get more people interested in the company. Plus they will be able to see what upcoming events the business is offering. By having the video linked to YouTube this will help reach potential clients to a business.
Google+ Events allows a business to invite anybody in his or her Google+ cluster or anybody else a business likes by email addresses. This is great because it’s not limited to just the current Google+ users.
Google+ can help a business in areas that will keep them reaching different people every day. Businesses need to make sure that Google+ is one of their social networks, because without it, their business is not taking the next level to be successful.
|No comments||This entry was posted by EIC Social Media Team on July 20, 2012 at 12:58 pm, and is filed under Social Media. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
Google Analytics allows a company or a person to see where your audience comes from and see how they interact with your site. In addition, the company can set up goals that match what their social media sites want to reach with Google Analytics.
The great thing about Google Analytics is that it can identify valuable insights to your audience and what keeps them coming back.
Google Analytics is available for many social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and others. This can increase the number of people visiting your site every day.
Here are few tips to help your company/business get started on Google Analytics:
- Getting started – first you would need to pick the most recent version of Google Analytics. To do so, all you need to do is login into your Google Analytics account and click the new version on top left of the screen.
- Identify your main traffic sources– a business needs to know what social media sites they want to use and send the most traffic to those sites.
You don’t want your company having various sites up. The best decision would be to pick the top three sites you want to draw the most attention to.
- Create Advanced Segments: Once a company has narrowed down their main social media sites they can create Advanced Segments for those websites. By doing this, it will improve the traffic and individually analyze an audience.
The company can also set up several Advanced Segments while comparing and contrasting them to see the difference between the main three sites they chose.
- Twitter Traffic Segment: a company can also create a specific Advanced Segment account for Twitter to see how it relates to Facebook and Google+.
To do so all you have to do is click on Advanced Segments from any Google Analytics report and click the New Custom Segment button.
Then add the name of the site that you wish to choose and include as many sources that contain a filter for twitter, for example: tweetdeck, Hootsuite, twitter.com, and so on.
By adding these filters, a company can see where the traffic matches. Google Analytics will automatically insert the filters using an autocomplete function.
- Facebook Traffic Segment: you do exactly what you did for Twitter except you find filters for Twitter they are for Facebook. So the Facebook filters will include: facebook.com and m.facebook.com. This will have control over the traffic coming to the company’s Facebook account.
- Google+ Traffic: Google+ is run the same way as Twitter and Facebook, but simpler. It is easier because Google+ only needs one filter. Google+ sends all the traffic from plus.url.google.com and that’s it. You might see some trafficking from google.com but don’t add it because it’s something different and won’t work with improving the audience.
With these few simple steps to jump-start Google Analytics a company/business will understand how to traffic more people into their social media sites. It’s important to manage Google Analytics; it creates a stable way of having insight to who the audience is and how they can be reached and entertained.
|No comments||This entry was posted by EIC Social Media Team on July 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm, and is filed under Social Media. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
People assume that YouTube is just for watching their favorite videos and watching people do outrageous things. However, that is not necessary true. There are a lot of business benefits when it comes to YouTube.
YouTube is designed to share videos with all different types of people across the world that they wouldn’t be able to reach on their own. With that being said, what if a business could broaden their horizons into branching out to people using videos? I guarantee there will be more people interested in their business and what their videos are about.
Most people are visual learners, so why not give them a sneak peek into a business and how it is run. It will show them where there money is going and how the company is run. Plus, it will bring more attention to the business as well.
Here are a few tips into using YouTube for a business.
- Make the video informative. You want to make sure that the audience is captivated by the video and the information will be useful to them. There’s nothing worse than watching a video that doesn’t make sense or doesn’t help them in any way.
In addition, whomever the company chooses to work on the videos needs to be trained in doing so. This will benefit the company in promoting their videos.
- The layout should be designed well. A nice layout will draw more people in. For example, when a video has pictures, make sure the pictures are in HD. This will make the pictures pop from the screen.
Another thing is to make sure that if someone is speaking on the video, that it’s nice and clear. You don’t want a muffled voice that nobody can understand.
- Integrate entertainment into the video. The best way to get people interested in a video is to plug in entertainment. If a business puts funny ads into a promotional video then it’s more likely that the video would go viral.
Having a video go viral means a lot of people will be able to watch the video and will able to share the video on their other social media sites.
YouTube videos are not hard to make or to upload. However, the video needs to be a good product to make sure the business is getting the right type of attention that it needs.
The main objective of this blog is to give insight into how YouTube can be a great asset into helping create a bigger market for a business. Most people don’t think that YouTube is right for a business, but I beg to differ. With all the great information that I supplied for you, there is no way that a business can’t thrive off of YouTube.
Just make sure that you follow the tips and keep any open mind!
|No comments||This entry was posted by EIC Social Media Team on July 5, 2012 at 5:39 pm, and is filed under Social Media. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|