Key Principles of Online Marketing
Marketing has been directly affected by the digital revolution in many different ways. The term “online marketing” has become very common in the experts’ field and businesses now have additional guidelines to follow. Corporate decision-makers not only have to think about their real-life, tangible presentation (e.g. office building or print media), but also about their online presentation.
There are many facets to online marketing that you need to cover in order to reach your preset goals. While more traditional companies believe that having an appealing website is enough, others have recognized digital value and have made the appropriate adjustments. If you want to improve and expand your brand’s online presence, but don’t know where to start, I’ll explain the core principles of online marketing.
- Social media: It cannot be denied, nor can it be ignored: social media is an extremely valuable addition to your online marketing strategy; moreover, it’s cost-effective. Many brands have benefited from successful social media campaigns. The general goals of social media include, but aren’t limited to, building valuable customer relationships, achieving brand loyalty, gaining brand ambassadors, community building, lead generation, promotion, conducting market research, and others. Reason enough to get social, right? Social media requires a separate strategy that is fully integrated in your online marketing strategy.
- Blogs: For many companies, posting blogs is a way to differentiate from competitors as it adds a personal approach to the expertise you’re expressing. Also, it enables multiple online sharing options, such as social media.
- Email marketing: Although using email lists for marketing purposes isn’t quite new, it definitely hasn’t lost its effect. It’s an excellent way of keeping your already existing client base informed of your company or industry. And due to the fact that these subscribers have already shown interest in your brand, it’s important to keep focusing on them. Loyal customers equal returning buyers.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is key to online success. Keep in mind that the majority of purchase decisions begin with online searches. This is why you need to fully optimize all web content and become Google’s best friend.
- Mobile site optimization: Technology has forced companies to create mobile-optimized sites in order to compete in the industry. The mobile market requires more adjustments regarding visuals. You have to consider the fact that mobile users will probably not wait longer than ten seconds for a page to load. Aside from the design, the site’s content should be mobile-optimized as well. The number of smartphone users is growing and this means that the number of people who use their smartphones to make purchasing decisions will also increase. This is a market you can’t ignore, so use it to your advantage.
- Content creation: For all the factors mentioned above, one thing remains consistent: content is very important. Know your audience so you know who to write for and how to reach them. Make sure that you’re offering information that is useful to your audience and allow them to share your content.
- Monitoring progress: Use multiple measuring tools to keep track of the progress you’re making. This will inform you of any areas that need to be improved so you can alter your methods.
Overall, I think that if you properly conduct research on all of the online marketing tools mentioned above, you are preparing for a successful online marketing strategy.
Which online marketing tools do you use the most?
|No comments||This entry was posted by EIC Social Media Team on May 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm, and is filed under Content, Digital Advertising, SEO, Social Media. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|